Details of my Melbourne Sewing Classes
Equipment supplied: Bernina Machines, Overlockers, Ironing tools
Burda Patterns and Tracing Paper.
|Evening Sewing Classes
||Day Sewing Classes
|Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
|7.00 to 9.00 p.m
||Morning - 10.00 to 12 noon
||Afternoon - 1.00 to 3.00 p.m.
||4 weeks in advance, ongoing sewing classes (2hr class per week). This is a payment schedule, not the length of the full course.
||Refundable deposit (2 paid weeks required to resign from sewing course).)
($216 By credit card)
|$140 ($144 by credit card) is payable every 4 weeks. If you change your mind and only decide to do 5 weeks - you will be charged the same as a short course $200 ($206 credit card)
My Terms & Conditions:
- Bookings for sewing classes are taken with full payment before commencement
- It is your responsibility to attend each class; I do not offer 'make up' classes, refund or credit. Absentees are charged.
- Sewing classes are for ladies, generally over 21 y.o. (not suited for children, teenagers or men)
- If a class is cancelled by me, a full refund will be given.
- Payment for ongoing classes must be received by the due date (i.e 4th week of the 4 week block - refer Class Timetable)
I have designed a curriculum that will build your sewing skills from a total beginner to an advanced sewing fashionista.
Together we choose styles that you like and are within your sewing capability. It looks like this:
- Skirt - unlined or lined
- Stretch top
- Cotton Shirt or Blouse
- Jacket - unlined
- Jacket - fully tailored (if you dare to be challenged)
Each garment will take 4 weeks or more depending on the difficulty, amount of pattern pieces to cut & sew, fabric used and the students individual aptitude.
After this, you could stay on and do the DKEMEL Patternmaking (Patternmaking classes).
Recommended for those who are total Beginners to Intermediate level. Those who love to sew and want to attend a friendly, inspiring and motivating atmosphere to create garment after garment. Maybe clear the stash or sew up a wardrobe or just take time out for yourself.
1. Do I have to wait for a new term, before I can start?
No, you may start whenever I have a vacancy and come for as long as you want to or need to. Email me email@example.com to find out current vacancies.
Bookings are only confirmed on receipt of payment.
$210 ($216 by credit card) initially, thereafter $140 ($144 by credit card) per every 4 weeks - excluding school holidays and public holidays.
2. How do I enrol for a sewing course?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will advise of current vacancies. If I have a place available that is mutually suitable, you will need to make an electronic payment of $210 ($216 by credit card), being $140 for 4 weeks of classes in advance and a $70 refundable deposit (refundable on 2 paid weeks notice to resign from classes).
Credit Card fees are not refundable.
3. Does everyone make the same garment?
No, everyone works on their chosen style, at their own pace. No-one has to feel intimidated or frustrated at being held back in progressing. There are only 6 students per class, some may be sewing, others patternmaking. It is a fun, inspiring and motivating atmosphere.
4. What do I need for my first sewing lesson?
You will not need any fabric (if you have any suitable for a skirt, bring it along). I will provide a Burda pattern, which we need to fit and measure.
I will advise you on fabrics, where to buy and how much to get.